Whilst it is possible to join a Teams video meeting directly from your iPad and then share your screen, this means that other meeting participants cannot see you. They only can see whatever you share. In order to enable both
- Log into your Teams account from both your laptop and your iPad
- Share your iPad screen once you are in a video meeting BUT before any other participants join
To do this:
- Sign into your Teams account on your laptop.
- Sign into your Teams account on your iPad.
- Set up and join a Teams video meeting on your laptop
On your laptop, turn your cam and mic ON
- Join the Teams meeting from your iPad
On your iPad, turn your Audio Speaker OFF
Turn your iPad volume DOWN (i.e. MUTE)
- On your iPad, share your screen:
Share à Share screen à Start Broadcast
- Swipe to whatever you want to share on your iPad
Explain Everything would be perfect for this!
- Other meeting participants can now join.
NOTE 1: To stop the screen broadcast on your iPad, go to the Control Centre and press the “stop recording” button (a flashing red solid circle inside a larger red circle)
NOTE 2: If a participant joins a meeting before you have started sharing your iPad screen, they might see the camera of your iPad (e.g. staring up at the ceiling) instead of your face on your laptop webcam. To rectify this, on your laptop, turn your webcam off and then on again. This will then replace your ceiling with your face!
As the host (on your laptop), you will see:
Main screen: Shared screen from your iPad
Mini screens: Your webcam & participants’ webcams
As a meeting participant, you will see:
Main screen: Shared screen from the host’s iPad
Mini screens: The host’s webcam & other participants’ webcams