ZOOM Security Settings
If you are using Zoom in any settings, you must stick to these guidelines. This is official WAB policy from Monday 6 April. This is to prevent security and privacy issues that have been popping up in the news recently. We strongly advise that Teams is used in place of Zoom. For safeguarding reasons, no other live video conferencing apps are permitted in MS.
2. Have all meeting rooms auto-generated (do not use the same personal meeting link for all meetings)
3. Do not include the meeting password in the meeting link by default.
4. Do not make zoom meetings or classrooms public. In Zoom, there are two options to make a meeting private: require a meeting password or use the waiting room feature and control the admittance of guests.
5. Do not share a link to a Zoom teleconference or classroom on an unrestricted publicly available social media post. Provide the link directly to specific people.
6. Manage screen-sharing options. In Zoom, change screen-sharing to “Host Only.”
7. Record a Zoom meeting locally, recorded files can be uploaded on OneDrive then shared with specific people or groups.
8. Set meetings to allow recording by the host only (not all participants), when recording a meeting with students.
9. Change your display name in Zoom meeting.