Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
LibGuides Pathfinders created by Stephen Taylor (@sjtylr) for the Faculty of Western Academy of Beijing. Icons from FlatIcon.com unless otherwise credited.
Source: https://rossieronline.usc.edu/blog/twitter-for-teachers/ via Larry Ferlazzo
- Sign up for Twitter
- You'll need an email or phone number
- Create a handle
- Not too complicated*, unambiguous characters
- Gives a sense of who you are
- Eventually you'll be sharing this at conferences, events and online ;-)
- Upload a profile image
- You, or something representing you
- 400 x 400 pixels, it will be shown as a circle
- If you don't want a photo, you could try Bitmoji or use Prisma to turn your photo into a picture.
- Create your Bio
- 160 Characters - make it count!
- Website or blog if you have one
- Who, where, what. #hashtags you're connected to
- Post your first Tweet!
- Introduce yourself in 280 characters.
- Who are you? What are you interested in learning about?
- "Pin" the tweet when it is posted.
- Follow & Connect
- Start following other accounts & colleagues
- Look at who they follow
- Start building your PLN...
*Name characters used to count in the 140-limit in messages, but not anymore.
How Can I Make the Most of Twitter?