Statement of Inquiry:
Young adult literature reflects social norms and values of the day.
- What elements help us identify YA Literature?
- What are the elements characterization?
- In the literary world, when did YA literature become a category of its own.
- How have famous teenage literary characters represented the norms and values of their day?
- How does our novel reflect the values and norms of its day?
- Are teens today accurately represented in literature? Should the books we read be more about seeing ourselves or escaping ourselves?