Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Statement of Inquiry
Statement of inquiry:
Dystopian literature can inspire our exploration of rights, justice, fairness and civic responsibility.
- What are the elements of dystopian literature?
- What is civic responsibility?
- How do authors use dystopian settings to appeal to the reader's sense of justice, fairness and civic responsibility?
- What is the relationship between dystopias and utopias?
- What is the relationship between science fiction and dystopian literature?
- Is fairness a necessity for a peaceful and happy society?
- When can you become a credible political voice? What power do you have as a teenager?
- Does dystopian literature inspire us or make us more cynical about authority and power?